Sunday, December 05, 2004

Doppler, athlete

Doppler got loose today. I have these "quick links" with which I attach the dogs snap to their chains. They look like a chain link with an open part that screws shut. One day while the dogs were exercising in my back yard, I went around and tightened them all with a pair of vise grips.

All except one, now that remember....I was rotating the young males into the yard without having more than one young intact male in the yard at a time, to keep the testosterone level down a little, and I remember Dopplers never got tightened.
Luckily, he must like the dog yard because he never ran off but merely stole Jack's bone and ran around the yard teasing all the other dogs. I put him in the back yard untill I could locate another quick link and went back to do chores.
He jumped the fence and came out to see me. I got to see him free running toward me on this long straight away. I thought "Hmm..nice verticle leap, nice 40 yard dash." My JV football coach always said those too go together and are a sign of a good athlete.

Well things are kind of slow now, No snow, even though the harnesses came in. First,I had four inches of snow and no harnesses, then the snow melted in the rain and the harnesses came in the next day. That's all for now. Pray for snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home