Thursday, January 20, 2005

Wolf Eyes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What do you see in this dogs eyes? I see somthing of the wolf there. Somthing mysterious an untameable. I am glad I was able to catch this. Often Jack has a friendly husky dog look in his eyes, but once in a while I catch this fiery little glint. He is an alaskan husky. His ears don't stand up like that normally, he was running and they got flipped up. Alaskan huskies are mixed breed sled dogs. Some have a lot of "hound" blood in them, But way back there is some wolf blood, from about 50 years ago some wolf was crossed in. Most wolf characteristics don't make for good sled dogs. Wolves are untrainable and unpredictable and don't have any work ethic like a good husky.
But I see little wolf characteristics crop up in my alaskan huskies, or maybe I am just imagining it.
What do you think?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Theo,

This is your mom. Love all the photos (altho I think Jack looks more like a my poodle, Bisbee. ; )

I really enjoyed the story about around the yard and how they react to your actions. The yellow stagmites of pee was fascinating too. I didn't think they would pee on you too! After all you do for them...

Keep up the good work. I can really picture what is going on and it is just fascinating.

Love,
Mom

January 20, 2005 at 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Jack does look a little closer to the wolf "line" than other dogs but that look in his eyes in that particular picture, in my opinion, doesn't really carry wolf characteristics, it looks more like he is interested in something. But I could very well be imagining that as well. I am REALLY trying to get those vaccination records but the guy is giving me a hard time.

Thanks,
Jake Robinson

January 21, 2005 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger Ted Heistman said...

Ok Jake,
Thanks for stopping by. How's the training going?

Ted

January 22, 2005 at 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
My crew is currently doing 8-9 miles with seven dogs. I feel we are doing alright for speed but we are by no means competitive. We are going to race the 8 dog in Frazee this week end, I'll let you know how it go's.

Thanks,
Jake Robinson

January 22, 2005 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Ted Heistman said...

Jake,
That's cool! Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Ted

January 22, 2005 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home