Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Goal for today

OK. I was tempted not to post my first disasterous run...but I am striving for realism with this sled dog blog and that's how it really went. I am thinking lack of atv training(that's how most mushers train in the fall with the dogs pulling an ATV) this fall is why the team has not come together yet . I was training my leaders with the bike but that was only working out so well and then it got destroyed.
So the goal is two runs today. First with four dogs: Ruger and JJ in Wheel, Pumpkin and Fir up front. Pumpkin was the sharpest with commands on the bike training but never really pulls.
Fir and JJ seem to be very similar in that they pull really hard and seem not to be listening to commands well. Out and Back on the two track is four miles but will play it by ear. This is fall training milage still untill we build up.

Then I want to run the young dogs. Two older dogs with two younger dogs in wheel. Whatever two of the three leaders look the best, up front.

I am sticking to four dogs at a time untill a semblence of control is achieved.

I really don't want to neglect these two yearlings. They are actually very well bred dogs, that I got a good deal on.
They were bred by Clint Warnke, who won the Canadian Challenge last season with their parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home