Thursday, March 17, 2005

JJ is a still a "good boy"...

...Even though she is a girl. I ran the dogs on my little track today, and found myself calling good boy to all the dogs now and then for encouragement. I ran Doppler, Jack, in lead and JJ and Cruiser in wheel. I think JJ didn't mind being called a good boy.
They all did well. Doppler is to the point that he knows commands and when he wants to go the way he wants to go instead of the way I want him to go, I know.
Where he wants to go is up the logging road on a 12 mile run and not just around in circles on my 40 acres. The problem is the sled is in bad shape. But it's good for little runs around the track. This is what I will be doing as winter winds down and the snow goes away. Its a good time to work on training.
Tuesday, I will be going to Duluth to visit the Steads. They are a couple that are well known siberian husky breeders and racers. That should be a lot of fun. I am especially interested in taking a look at some of their kodiak line siberian huskies.
They said they still have plent of snow and will take me out on a run. Should be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Chatterton said...

Hi Ted,

Have a great trip to Duluth. Loved the story about the owl that must have been exciting to see!

Love, Mom

March 18, 2005 at 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home